Maximizing the potential of youth and young adults with behavioral health challenges to successfully transition into adulthood through Hope, Help and Healing.
To create a replicable program that other states/agencies can use to build up all youth and young adults with mental health challenges by bridging the gap between children and adult mental health services to enhance youth adult’s abilities to meet life’s challenges, to foster resiliency, and hope for a better future.
- To serve each young adult with respect and dignity acknowledging their strengths, needs, and preferences.
- To connect or create safe places for young adults to live, learn, work and play in their homes and communities.
- To provide quality care that is culturally responsive to the diverse needs of the young adults served.
- To provide leadership and policy changes to create lasting resources for young adults in their communities.
- To make measurable and positive differences in the lives of older youth and young adults as they transition to adulthood
- To partner with the agencies who work with young adults to create one plan for a better life.
- To provide resources and support that will assist young adults (16 through 21 years of age) in developing positive plans for their futures
- To assist young adults in developing skills for independence, leadership, confidence, and empower them to take ownership of their lives